Formal Fashion Trends - Spotlight on Terani Couture
As a store owner, I get very excited when designers release their new seasonal collections. Depending on the designer, this happens once or twice a year as Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter collections. When those precious photos are sent to my email, I eagerly open the Dropbox link to gaze on the spectacular images. These sneak previews give me, as a retailer, a sense of what the line has to offer in all the dress categories: from Grad to Prom, Mother of the Bride to Bridesmaid, Destination/Casual Bridal, or those ladies who need the perfect gown for that special occasion/gala. Every year provides some insight into what the designers feel will be in-line with the fashion trends of the season; what I have noticed is that although the formal wear doesn't duplicate exactly what's going on in the street clothes we wear, the designers have a way of providing nuances to their styles with various aspects of what the runways dictate. Here are some hot trends you will see in formal wear, with a spotlight on TERANI COUTURE for Spring/Summer 2018. www.teranicouture.com
1. Bohemian and Romantic. Characterized by soft colours: nudes, pastels, pretty florals and delicate materials. Who doesn't want to look beautiful and feminine and feel like a princess? There are so many ways to interpret this category. Consider adding a touch of lace or some embellishment, or maybe a unique bodice.
2. Asymmetric and Hi/Lo: asymmetric can be in the way the designer executes the sleeve, bodice or skirting. Hi/Lo refers to the front of the dress being higher than the back, and can be produced in different lengths from above the knee to just hovering above the ankles.
3. Drop Shoulder and One Shoulder dresses continue to permeate the designer's collection. The drop shoulder can add elegance, showing off gorgeous necks and shoulders, as well can provide the opportunity to highlight a fabulous piece of jewelry. The one shoulder dress can be both very couture, fashion forward looking and edgy depending on the woman wearing it.
This off the shoulder gown offers both the feminine colours and the drop shoulder. Style 1813M671 in pale blue.
The red ballgown holds a few of the ongoing fashion trends: the plunging mesh opening to the waist, off the shoulder detail, and ruffles! Red is a super hot colour again this year for Prom 2018. Terani offers this dress in many colours with the expectation it will be a popular dress! Style 1811P538
For the One Shoulder option, Terani Couture Style 1811P5808 gives us an elegant option with structured materials, yet soft hues and ruffles. Refinement.
4. Embellished details, beading and (my favourite) bows and ties, are found throughout the collection. Served in unique patterns and pops of femininity throughout.
5. Other details that continue to be popular for this season: the sexy open back (highlight with your hair in a side sweep or bun), cutouts and strappy details (criss-crossed spaghetti straps look great on a delicate body frame), metallics (think of adding a smokey eye or red lipstick for contrast), and the colours red and navy. Emerald green is making a big comeback (brides have started to consider this colour again for their bridal parties and the designers are offering it more in the formal designs too) - it's a colour for a queen, so rock it!
With a designer that has something for everyone, Terani Couture has found a way to use figure flattering materials and distinguishing details to give its clients the best of what the Spring/Summer 2018 season has to offer. Focusing on aspects of the trends found on the runways, the collection carries a level of sophistication that women can rely on.
To view their entire collection that is available to order: www.teranicouture.com
For more information on how to order, please contact THE DRESS DIVA:
Phone/text: 416-677-8697 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please visit us on Instagram: thedressdivastore or on Facebook:
#teranicouture #promdress #terani #formaldress #openback #sexyback #oneshoulder #hilodress #reddress #offtheshoulderdress #ruffles #florals #feminine #soft #pastels #emeraldgreen #navy #cutouts #strappy #asymmetric #bows